General / Personal
1. Why should we hire you?
2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
3. What do you need from your manager to be successful?
4. How do you say no to people?
5. What is one of the best ideas you’ve ever had?
6. How did you or how would you validate if that idea can generate revenue?
7. What aspects of product management do you find the most exciting?
8. What aspects of product management do you find the least interesting?
9. How would you explain Product Management to a 5 year old?
10. How do you think product managers interact with engineers?
11. What do you think a day to day would be like for a product manager?
13. Tell me about a challenging issue or challenge you took on
14. Tell me about a time you had to change someone’s mind
15. Tell me about a time you had to influence someone
16. Tell me about a mistake you made and how you handled it
17. One executive says that Feature A is more important and another executive says Feature B is more important. How do you choose which one to implement? 18. Tell me about a time you used data to make a decision
19. Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult co-worker and had a positive outcome.
20. How would you double the revenue of our _______ product in the next year? 21. How would you redesign our ______ product?
22. What is one improvement you would implement to our _______ product in the next 6 months?
23. Who are our competitors?
24. What is the key to a good user interface?
25. How do you know if a product is well designed?
26. What is your current favorite product, why and how would you improve it?
27. What is a major challenge our company will face in the next 12-24 months? 28. How would you describe our product to someone?
29. What metrics do you think would be important for us to track?
30. What has made _____ product successful? (might be the company’s product or another popular mainstream product)
31. What do you dislike about our ______ product?
32. How do you know when to cut corners to get a product out the door?
33. How do you decide what not to build? 34. How do you think we came up with the price for _____ product?
Leadership and Communication
35. Is consensus always a good thing?
36. What kinds of people do you like working with?
37. What kinds of people do you have a hard time working with?
38. What would you do to get a team to stick to a schedule?
39. What is the best way to work with customers nad users?
40. What’s the best way to work with executives?